Netnod are innovators at the core of the Internet with a worldwide reputation for our services and the expertise of our staff. We are a small team, but we have a big impact on the development of the Internet.
Our work ranges from providing interconnection and DNS services to running one of the most accurate and secure time services available. We work for the good of the Internet on a range of services including operating one of the world’s 13 root name servers. Netnod’s range of activities include:
We work with the technical community, governments and industry partners to help ensure a stable and secure Internet for the Nordics and beyond.
We are now looking for an experienced, passionate and structured engineer to help drive our production systems to the next generation.
You should have a background in the technology industry with a passion for what you do. You are curious about new technologies and enjoy designing and developing robust and secure solutions. You enjoy solving problems whatever they may be.
Your responsibilities will include the design, development and maintenance of reliable and secure systems used both internally and externally at Netnod. You will work as a member of a team of engineers, both employees and consultants.
In this role, you will:
- participate in, and in many cases lead, the testing and deployment of new software in our production systems
- participate in, and in many cases lead, the planning and implementation of the future architecture of our production systems
- help debug and resolve problems in our production systems using a systematic problem-solving approach
- ensure that the observability of all our systems are set up according to best practices and that matching documentation is regularly updated
- identify repetitive tasks and help automate them
- influence and improve the team's processes and ways of working
- take responsibility for the entire lifecycle of requests, which includes designing, planning, implementing, testing, documenting and delivering results
- perform all of the above with a mindset of DevOps and security
- you are an experienced system administrator with a good understanding of Linux systems
- you have experience from microservice based architectures and knowledge of containerised deployment. If you have worked with Kubernetes, it’s a big plus.
- you are used to working with CI/CD pipelines
- experience of configuration management tools such as Ansible or Puppet
- knowledge of DNS, NTP, IP and IP routing- good interpersonal skills and a sense of drive
- good language skills in both English and Swedish
This role is located at our office in Solna, Stockholm. The role reports directly to the Head of SRE.
We offer an informal but highly professional culture with an emphasis on work-life balance for all our employees. Our attractive remuneration package includes benefits such as private healthcare, health and well being memberships, six weeks vacation and beneficial pension and insurances.
Are you interested in becoming a part of our team?
To apply, please send your application as soon as possible, but no later than the 25th of February. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive and interviews with qualified candidates will start as soon as they have been reviewed.
If you have any questions regarding the role you are welcome to contact Head of SRE, Håkan Hellström, by email: email@example.com or at +46 8 562 860 18.
We look forward to receiving your application!